In traditional Spring fashion, Nashville has packed a whole lot of fun and craziness into one weekend. The forecast may look pretty miserable for the next few days, but that doesn’t stop us from trying to hit as much of the action as possible. Did we leave something out? Let us know in the comments.
- Naked Without Us Emerging Designers Fashion Show. Mercy Lounge, 8pm, $10. Part of a week-long series of fashion craziness, this party-meets-benefit-meets-fashion show features entertainment from The Kicks, Tyler Bryant, JEFF the Brotherhood and more in addition to some great Yazoo drink specials. And it’s all for a good cause. Check out our Naked Without Us guest post for other festival-related events going on this weekend.
- David Sedaris. Ryman Auditorium, 8pm, $49.50+. All the cheap tickets seem to be gone, but there are still a few seats left to join New York Times best-selling author and satirist David Sedaris (Naked, Me Talk Pretty One Day) for a night of hilarity at the Ryman.
- Rites of Spring Music Festival. Vanderbilt University, 4pm, ticket prices vary. Vanderbilt kicks off Rites of Spring tonight with a killer lineup including Drake, Cold War Kids, Phoenix, Sierra Leone’s Refugee All Stars and more. Day passes are available, or spring for the weekend pass if you want to stick around for Saturday’s show.
- Country Music Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. All over, 7am-noon. Sure, we may be staring down some tornadoes and hail and lightning, but we have a feeling that there aren’t many things that will stop these 30,000 people from running. If you’re scheduled to race, let us know in the comments! Spectators can find some helpful tips here. Also, be sure to check our list of road closures as you plan your day.
- Franklin Main Street Festival. Downtown Franklin, 10am-7pm, FREE. We don’t even know where to start with this one. Franklin will be partying all weekend with more than 200 arts & crafts booths, live music, tons of food and two carnivals lining Main Street. The festival is expected to draw upwards of 100,000 people and we sure hope the storms hold off.
- Naked Without Us Marketplace. The Gulch, 1pm-4pm, FREE. For a taste of Naked Without Us without dropping cash on the festival badge, the marketplace will be set up with designers and vendors outside of Urban Outfitters with food and drink specials available at the Wine Loft. And if you mention NWU, Urban will knock 10% off of your purchase.
- Rites of Spring Music Festival. Vanderbilt University, 4pm, ticket prices vary. Saturday’s lineup features Ben Harper, Doug E Fresh, Passion Pit and others. If you were in the Flaming Lips crowd who got soaked last year, you know that the event will be happening rain or shine with some possible schedule delays in the case of severe weather.
- Passion Pit DJ Set w/Coach, Hands Off Sam & Potamus. 12th & Porter, 10pm, $15/$10. For those who can’t catch Passion Pit at Rites of Spring, they’ll be heading over to 12th & Porter afterwards to man the turntables. And if the rave reviews we heard about their SXSW sets were any indication, we have a feeling it’s gonna be good.
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Belcourt, times vary, $7.25. We realize this one’s playing all week, but with not much else to choose from on Sunday, it’s a great time to slip away and see this much-anticipated film based on the popular novel of the same name.
- Franklin Main Street Festival. Downtown Franklin, noon-6pm, FREE. See above!
- The Weekendist: It’s Getting Hot In Here Edition
- The Weekendist: Films, Basketball, Beer And Benefits Edition
- The Weekendist: Bash The Stache Edition
- The Weekendist: Festivals Galore Edition
- The Weekendist: Go Go Go Edition