Good morning, Nashville. We hope everyone had a safe and uneventful commute this morning which may have included navigating around the overturned chicken nugget truck on I-65 in Madison. It seems that when semis are not getting wedged beneath overpasses, they’re spilling weird things all over the interstate. The accident happened early this morning and was likely due to the ice. Though we haven’t seen any pictures yet, we’re hearing reports that the frozen nuggets spilled out across three lanes. TDOT hopes to have everything cleaned up and reopened by noon.
- Mr. Tim wouldn’t have lied to us. Since most of us spent most of yesterday shaking our fists at the local weather forecasters, we do appreciate this heartfelt apology from WKRN’s Lisa Patton for getting our hopes up and then crushing them. We still love you, Lisa!
- It’s payday. The Knoxville News Sentinel did their homework and found 10 contracting firms that will make more than $10 million in the Kingston ash spill cleanup, because somebody’s got to do it.
- Bits & pieces. The Preds won, but Sully is hurt. Along with Martin Erat, Kellie Pickler’s ex-boyfriend, Joel Ward, and Jerred Smithson … Thirteen tenants of foreclosed homes on Jefferson Street were evicted yesterday and left in the snow and ice … Don’t let your kids play on the ice.
Photo by fallingwater123.
- Bright & Early: Back To Square One
- Bright & Early: You Win Some, You Lose Some Edition
- Bright & Early: Waking Up In The Tundra Edition