Good morning, Nashville. Last night was a great night for all the Preds fans out there with Steve Sullivan taking home the Bill Masterton trophy for dedication, sportsmanship, and perseverence. Sully made quite a comeback this year after missing two years because of a back injury that required two separate surgeries, racking up 32 points in 41 games this season. Though his future with the Preds is still up in the air right now, at least we know he loves us: “From the moment I got there, I’ve absolutely fallen in love with Nashville. … I can’t see us selling our house. We’re definitely going to retire there. I’m hoping I can retire there as a player also.” Aww.
- Guns in parks? They might not be able to keep guns out of bars around town, but the Metro Council is still trying to pass an ordinance keeping them out of our parks. Reactions to the effort have been a little mixed.
- Miss Tennessee. The Miss Tennessee pageant is well underway and for what it’s worth, Memphis and Hamilton County are cleaning up. As long as we don’t end up with something like this, we don’t really care who takes home the tiara.
- Bits & pieces. Things might be looking up for the folks in Perry County … Friends don’t let friends leave puppies/kids/aging parents in hot cars … In which a 12-year old robs a liquor store … I-40 West is going to be closed this weekend, so plan accordingly … Police have now identified the body they found during Bonnaroo cleanup.
A year ago on Nashvillest: We were depressed about the “sky-high” unemployment rate of 6.4% (it’s 10.7% right now, by the way), gave a warm welcome to Cool Springs’ brand new Whole Foods, threw in our guesses for Veepstakes, and freaked out some folks in Hillsboro Village with the June Freeze.
Photo by niseag03.
- Bright & Early: Can’t Get No Satisfaction Edition
- Bright & Early: Shoot ‘Em Up Edition
- Bright & Early: Disaster Tourism Edition