What do Chipotle and Chuy’s have in common? Without getting into a debate about burritos and Tex-Mex and what really is or isn’t Mexican food, they share a common bond of some very, very enthusiastic fans. And those very, very enthusiastic fans should be excited to hear these updates.
Chipotle has a nice new shiny building permit at 2825 West End Ave, which an astute reader pointed out is the current home of Bittner’s Formal Wear. We went ahead and gave Bittner’s a call, and it is indeed true – They are moving across the parking lot, and Chipotle is taking their place. We hope this means that we could see Chipotle opening their doors before the end of the year, but we’ll have to wait for the official word.
Chuy’s will start renovating Cool Springs’ old Beethoven’s Grille in July, and they plan to be open by a vague “Fall.” Which is sooner than “Winter,” so I guess we’ll take it. If you can’t wait until then, Chuy’s is a sponsor of the 2009 Carnton Plantation Summer Concert Series, and while there won’t be any creamy jalapeño at the plantation, there will be plenty of Chuy’s margaritas to go around.
Photo by Don Solo.
- Nashville’s First Chipotle Opens Friday; Free Burritos Tomorrow [Freebies]
- Chipotle Opening November 13… And December 11?
- Chuy’s Bringing Elvis & Tex Mex To Cool Springs [Comings & Goings]
- Clear The Roads, Cool Springs: Chuy’s Open For Business (And Heading For The ‘Boro)
- Chipotle To Enter Nashville Market Soon (We Hope)