- Well, Tennessee’s unemployment rate is now 10.7%, which is the highest it’s been since November 1983. Beer us, please. [WSMV]
- In an effort not to see that rate skyrocket in the coming months, Governor Phil put in the bid to GM in hopes that they’ll bring the manufacturing of that new car to the Spring Hill plant. We aren’t extremely optimistic since they wanted at least $200 million up front and our state is broke. [Tennessean]
- The Convention & Visitors Bureau has already book 21 events at the new convention center and it hasn’t even been built yet. [WSMV]
- What Would Judge Judy Do: “According to the arrest affidavit, [John] Rich then left a voicemail for [Jared] Ashley in the early morning hours after the incident. In the voicemail, Rich allegedly threatened to ‘knock the s—’ out of Ashley.The first alleged altercation between the two took place a year ago when Rich interrupted a performance by Ashley and allegedly said he ought to “take him into the alley and kick his ass.” Charming! [City Paper]
- Tickets for the Music City Star’s special July 4th train to the fireworks are selling like hotcakes! And by that we mean that there are 600 tickets left. [WSMV]
- “Streaming video of the zoo’s tiger cubs,” they said. Lies. [Tennessean]
Photo by fallingwater123.