- Today we learned that the Renaissance Hotel downtown produces its own honey. Isn’t that cool? Over the weekend, more than 50,000 more bees were delivered to the rooftop to increase production.
- Mayor Barry and Police Chief Steve Anderson are still working on figuring out where the money will come from for police body cameras, but they say it’s a top priority.
- Weeee, we’re getting a giant riverfront ferris wheel! (Maybe!)
- Next in line behind Lamar Alexander: Peyton Manning, maybe?
- This week, our legislative committees take on Gov. Haslam’s gas tax hike, more than two dozen gun bills, the addition of an “In God We Trust” license plate option, and seat belts on school buses.
- After someone savagely poured tar all over the “I Believe In Nashville” mural in 12 South, cleanup is already underway. We don’t have high hopes for the artist fixing the mural’s #tristartrouble, but we can dream.
- Folks all across the country still have an eye out for missing Tennessee teen Elizabeth Thomas, who disappeared with a teacher from her school last week. Brush up on the AMBER Alert here.
- Following a story on WPLN last week about the racially-charged nature of Nashville’s Police textbooks for new recruits, the department announced it will stop issuing the book.
- We have a $491 million tax revenue surplus so far in the fiscal year, so we’re basically rich.
Photo by Bill Hobbs.