- If you haven’t yet treated yourself to this tale of epic, rapist-chasing badassery from our hero Metro Councilman Mike Freeman, it’s a good one.
- The new executive order rolling back the Clean Power Plan will affect a lot of things, sure, but probably not the TVA.
- WSMV, deciding there isn’t quite enough troubling news in the world, gives us the charming gift of this article that informs us that “There are enough spiders to eat us all in one year.” Sleep tight!
- An FBI investigation into Davidson County General Sessions Judge Casey Moreland blew wide open this week after his arrest on Tuesday morning, with tales of bribery and legal favors for sexual partners and attempting to plant drugs on an incriminating witness. It’s so convoluted that we’d kick this over to CMT’s Nashville as potential subplot inspiration.
- Gannett newspapers across the state, including the Tennessean, took quite a hit in terms of layoffs this past week. So about that Newsroom of the Future?
- If you’re headed across the pond anytime soon, you might catch a glimpse of some shiny new taxi wrappers advertising our very own It City.
- It’s gonna be another stormy afternoon, Nashville! Possibly one of the worst we’ve had in years. Winds, tornadoes, and hail are all on the table, so keep up with the latest at @nashseverewx.
- Adios scalpers, maybe?
Photo by Chris Wage.