Good morning, Nashville. Quick tour of the headlines this morning:
- Davidson County’s unemployment rate shot up 0.6% from May to June, landing at 9.1%. This is still 0.7% lower than the statewide average. [City Paper]
- The Country Music Hall of Fame will be getting one heck of a makeover soon that will more than double their current square footage. The monster expansion project, expected to be complete in spring 2014 will integrate the Hall and the new convention center and hotel and will include new exhibit space, an 800-seat theater, a children’s area, classrooms and a recording studio. [WTVF]
- In addition to the Chattanooga and Cleveland Amazon facilities, the company announced that they’ll also be putting a 500,000 fulfillment center in Lebanon. Jobs all around! [Tennessean]
- The Tennessean spent yesterday trying to bake biscuits on the dashboard of a car. It did not work. [Tennessean]
- The Titans have finally cut Vince Young loose, officially ushering in the age of Hasselbeck. [City Paper]
- We could see a thunderstorm or two today. Same ol’, same ol’. [Nashville WX]
Photo by Amy Allmand.