- Finally, a good ranking for our fair state! According to Transportation for America, Tennessee is the eighth best state for bridge maintenance. [WTVF]
- Someone has been calling folks in Tennessee claiming to be a TBI debt collectors, except the TBI isn’t really in the business of debt collection. So if you receive one of these calls, which will generally be from a 901 area code, just ignore it. [WTVF]
- Speaking of scammy things, an 81-year old lady in Cookeville was arrested and sentenced to three years in prison for scamming people out of thousands of dollars on the internet. Sheesh, we always thought our grandparents were good at the computer because they could simply double-click. [WKRN]
- The TBI says campus crime is down about 4.6% on college campuses all across the state from this time in 2010. [WKRN]
- The Nashville Public Library system isn’t immune to the proposed 3% budget cut for all Metro departments. They say a cut could mean less staff and decreased hours of operation for some of the smaller libraries. They’re also feeling the pressure to host author signings and appearances since we basically have no bookstores anymore. [WSMV]
- The CMA Fest could really use your help, if you’re really brave! It’s for a good cause. [WKRN]
Photo by Capt. Jason Scott.