Good morning, Nashville. We’re running short on time this morning, so you know the drill. Your abbreviated Bright & Early:
- Happy opening day, baseball fans! Not that we have any major league teams around here to follow, but at least a few of us limped into Nashville from other parts of the country with our baseball obsession intact. [Tennessean]
- In what seems like an obvious choice to us, the Academy of Country Music named the Ryman Auditorium the 2011 Music Venue of the Year. [WKRN]
- A bill that would require first time DUI offenders to use breathalyzer ignition devices is being delayed while lawmakers figure out how much it’s costing taxpayers. By law, offenders are supposed to purchase the device themselves, but if they can’t afford it, then taxpayers foot the bill. [WKRN]
- More than 120 dogs are recovering at the Fairgrounds after being rescued from a puppy mill in Warren County this week. Many of the pups may be up for adoption as early as next week. [Tennessean]
- The cloudy-and-cold is hanging on just a little bit longer, but we’re probably in for a nice weekend to make up for it. [Nashville WX]
Photo by Gary Voland.
No related posts.