- The Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau reports that CMA fans dropped a whopping $24 million into the city’s economy while they were here last weekend, breaking last year’s record by $2 million. [Tennessean]
- According to Forbes, Nashville is getting most of its new folks from Florida, Chicago and the northeast. [Nashville Post]
- Mosquitoes and chiggers are worse than they’ve been in years, according to the Mosquito Squad of Middle Tennessee, which we did not know existed until this moment. And we’d be inclined to agree with them as we sit here furiously scratching our 54 bug bites from the weekend. [WKRN]
- If you’re making a scheduled visit to your probation officer, you might want to leave your bag of pot at home. [WZTV]
- Ke$ha is throwing Nashville a big party tonight, for flood relief, and all you (er, us) crazies who are going can rest easy because she says she “won’t be acting like too much of a crazy idiot.” Well then! [Tennessean]
- The city says that 75% of the money spent on contractors for building the Music City Center will be spent locally. [Tennessean]
Photo by ept_0202.
No related posts.