- Forget CMApocalypse; Tennessee’s finest are battening down the hatches for the 80,000 Bonnaroo attendees who will be pouring into our state next weekend. They’ve set up some extra patrols to help with the traffic and snag people who might have some, er, magic cupcakes in tow. [Post Politics, who just cleaned up on Jeopardy for the second night in a row and distracted us from writing this post. Congrats, JR!]
- Speaking of the ‘roo, beware of fake tickets! They’re popping up all over the place. [WSMV]
- That murder suspect who was accidentally released from the Metro Jail a few weeks ago was added to the TBI’s Top 10 Most Wanted list, because no one has found him yet. [WKRN]
- Broadway’s most famous honky tonk, Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge, has a big birthday coming up. They’ll be ringing in the big five-oh this fall at the Ryman with a little help from Kris Kristofferson. [Tennessean]
- Just in time for the CMA deluge, the Nashville Gaylord Sommet Bridgestone Entertainment Center Arena finally put up the correct signage. For those playing along at home, it was christened the Bridgestone Arena a few months back after an intense naming rights conflict between Sommet and the Preds. [WTVF]
Photo by jimbenttree.