- The new MTA mobile app is out and ready for download! RouteShout is available for iPhone, on mobile web and in the Google Android Marketplace. [WSMV]
- Happy birthday, Loretta Lynn! [Tennessean]
- No, Albert “Speedy” Haynesworth is not coming back to the Titans, says Coach Fisher. We probably couldn’t pay him enough anyway. [Tennessean]
- Everyone rejoice, for the almighty TDOT hath finished a construction project early. However it does not begin with “4,” nor does it end with a “40.” [City Paper]
- Our fellow Tennesseans in Tracy City (near the ‘Noog) elected a dead man as mayor, seemingly by accident. [WSMV]
- The Preds embark on their playoff adventure on Friday against Chicago, and the City Paper feels that it’s appropriate to point out that they have never actually won a playoff game outside of the Nashville Sommet Bridgestone Center Arena. Good luck, boys! [City Paper]
- Just when we thought the Shelbyville Russian adoption story couldn’t get any weirder, someone threw in a neighbor feud involving a neon-painted trailer with cameras and motion sensor lighting. [Tennessean]
Photo by hikeandhistory.