- A huge congratulations to the State of Tennessee for snagging nearly $500 million in federal grant funding to give schools a much-needed overhaul. Governor Phil announced today that our state, along with Delaware, was chosen as a recipient of the Race to the Top grant. [WKRN]
- It wasn’t quite as exciting a day for our friends at SouthComm (Nashville Post, Nashville Scene, City Paper, etc.) who experienced a round of layoffs today that included at least one pretty high-profile employee. [Nashville Post]
- As you might have concluded from the rate at which your internet was crawling this morning, Comcast experienced some trouble that slowed most of Nashville to a halt. [Tennessean]
- CMApocalypse 2010 will now include a 5K. [WSMV]
- Memphis has been named the hunger capital of the United States. [Tennessean]
Photo by ryan2013.