Good morning, Nashville. For starters, the weather is going to be amazing this weekend, so we suggest that you start planning some ways to get out and enjoy it ASAP. However, not everyone is having the Best Winter Ever, as you might’ve noticed the signs popping up at restaurants around town about a tomato shortage. We’ve seen this a few times over the past few years, and this time Florida’s unseasonably cold weather is to blame. The price of tomatoes is on the rise and many restaurants are temporarily yanking them from the menu or adding them by request only. Unlike the devastating Chicken Wing Shortage, the tomato thing should resolve itself in a few weeks when the spring harvest happens. Fret not.
- Park it. As downtown parking becomes somewhat of a shrinking commodity, we’re hearing all sorts of tales of both privately owned and Central Parking lots engaging in some price-gouging (or just taking advantage of supply and demand). At any rate, we’ve found that Park It Downtown is a pretty valuable resource in these times so there you have it.
- Step aside. The Music City Center has hit another snag that’s putting them a bit more behind schedule (pattern alert!): The Greyhound hub isn’t quite ready to relocate from its current perch at 8th and Demonbreun, which makes it a little difficult to start construction.
- Bits & pieces. A cyclist was shot four or five times near Belmont’s campus at 14th and Edgehill last night … The Cadillac pickup that “fell” off of the Gateway Bridge yesterday actually flipped off the road right before the bridge, into a parking lot, and it looks like alcohol was involved … Ten Tennessee towns have been chosen to receive grants to revitalize commercial districts … In case you missed this story a year ago, this Belmont student is still truckin’ along on her quest to find ridiculous ways to pay for her college education.
Photo by urbanwoodchunk.
- Bright & Early: Oh, What A Beautiful Morning Edition
- Bright & Early: Rough Morning All Around Edition
- Bright & Early: The Morning After Edition