- Leave it to PETA to traumatize your children by sticking Ellie The Bloody Elephant outside of a local elementary school to teach them all about circus animal abuse. [Tennessean]
- Vince Young is the official starter for 2010, hooray! [City Paper]
- Our 2009 in Middle Tennessee was “wetter than usual” but didn’t break any significant records. In that case, we’d hate to see what actual record-breaking rain looks like. [WZTV]
- So East Nashville pretty much blew up this morning. [WSMV]
- This is just your friendly reminder that Metro’s finest are doling out $50 tickets for warming up your car this time of year, because letting your car run in the morning when it’s 17 degrees is illegal. [WKRN]
- More than 1 in 6 Tennesseans is on food stamps, which is a 66% increase over the figure from two years ago. [WKRN]
- Officials are trying to figure out what to do with the six abandoned schools in the Metro Nashville Public School System whose collective land value is $1.5 million. [WSMV]
Photo Brad’s flickr.