The Tomato Art Fest, one of our very favorite festivals in Nashville, isn’t ’till August 8 (which really isn’t that far away)… But we’re going to start pregaming by entering the Hot Tomato Haiku Contest, sponsored by Bookfool.com. We know how much you folks love haiku! Enter by simply by writing a creative haiku that falls into one of the following categories:
- Bashō’s Beefsteak — Sincere, ardent, traditional… reminiscent of haiku genius Bashō.
- Formal Champion — Surprise and delight us with your innovations in form.
- Plum Humorous — Make us grin.
- Stinky Tomato — Your worst, most rotten haiku.
- Fried Green Haiku — For kids up to age 12.
See, there’s a tomato-y haiku-y category for everyone. Winners will stage a dramatic reading of their poetic brilliance at the Tomato Art Festival, and snag some pretty sweet prizes that include an iPod Touch and gift certificates to local shops. Read the full rules & regulations here, then submit up to 10 entries by July 31 for your shot at winning, fame and fortune.
- Don’t Miss This: 2008 Tomato Art Fest
- This Weekend: You Say Tomato, We Say Party
- Gems From The Nashville Craigslist: Haiku Hotel