We might as well mark this down as a yearly event on our calendars, because the Tennessee-is-fat reports have started rolling in for 2009. You may remember that last year we ranked both 3rd and 6th for fattest state in the nation, and it appears that not much has changed. The Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation have ranked us as 4th Fattest State in 2009 in their annual F as in Fat report. Tennessee’s adult obesity is up to 30.2%, rivaled only by Mississippi, West Virginia and Alabama. All hail the Mighty South! Thanks to Jessy for the tip!
In other Mixed Reviews news, The Hermitage Hotel topped Luxury Travel Magazine’s list of Top Ten Historic Hotels for Independence Day (h/t Post Business). Tennessee ranked 6th in teen driving deaths, and Nashville rolled in at 4th place among metropolitan areas in the same report. Nashville ranked 51st in economic performance during the recession (among 100 large metropolitan areas).
Photo by jodigreen.
- Nashville Now “Fit” And “Cool” [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]
- The Gulch Is Cool, But Don’t Bike There [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]
- Nashville4Prez: Power To The People [Mixed Reviews By People Who DO Live Here]
- Nashville Needs A Tutor [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]
- Nashville Is Cheap & Fit [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]