- We wish we were kidding right now, but you know that house stuck under the overpass on I-40? It’s still there. Due to some complications with removing it, the estimated clearing time has been bumped up for the umpteenth time to 3am. The right lane of westbound I-40 is currently blocked, and the rest of the lanes should be closing down around 10pm. [WTVF & TDOT]
- The world’s second-fastest supercomputer is housed in Oak Ridge and its appropriately-badass name is The Jaguar. [WZTV]
- In order to bring the electric car manufacturing to Smyrna, the feds are loaning Nissan $1.6 billion to get operations started. The new project could create as many as 1,300 jobs. [WSMV]
- There was some drama up in the Rutherford County Election Commission after some of them called the cops to remove reporters who were there because, well, they could be. According to the state’s Sunshine Law, members of the commission aren’t allowed to meet in private if they’re making public policy decisions. [Nashville Is Talking]
- Don’t forget- There’s still time to partake in Hank Williams Jr.’s video shoot for Monday Night Football, which films tonight from 7pm until 2am. See what you’re missing? [WZTV]
Photo by Fluttergirl (Note: Not the actual I-40 truck fail).
No related posts.