Happy Memorial Day weekend! Enjoy the long weekend stuffing yourself with barbeque and hanging out in the sun. Not that anyone needs our suggestions, but we’ve pulled together a list of our suggestions for the weekend. It’s the last weekend of this year’s Renaissance Festival, and it’s also the International Jousting Tourney weekend – our number one pick. For more, read on!
- Damien Horne Benefit For Akon, Sudan. The Rutledge, 8pm, $10. Damien Horne is joined by dozens of friends (Big Kenny, Jon Nicholson, Darnell Levine, Nathan Lee, Brandi Sellerz and more) on stage tonight to raise money for an upcoming relief trip to Sudan.
- Sarah Siskind CD Release Show. The Basement, 9pm, $10. Come out to celebrate Sarah Siskind’s newest release, “Say It Louder.” You may know Sarah for her songwriting, but she’s a talented artist as well.
- Hands Together In Flatrock. Coleman Park, 10:50am-7pm. A music and arts festival designed to bring Flatrock and surrounding communities together, Hands Together In Flatrock is in its 2nd year and promises a day full of music, food, art, and other festivities.
- Mitchell Musso. Rocketown, 7pm, $10 advance/$25 door. Who is Mitchell Musso? That kid from Hannah Montana, that’s who! Okay, so we really don’t suggest that you go to this, but whatever floats your boat. We just thought it was funny.
- Salute To Freedom. Nashville Shores, 5pm, event is free but parking is $10. Nashville Shores’ Memorial Day celebration takes place Sunday night, with admission free after 5pm (slides & pools close at 6:45pm) and exciting music, a flag-raising ceremony, and a great fireworks display.
- Blackbird Tattoo & Gallery Grand Opening. 2306 12th Ave S, 1pm-11:30pm, free. A new hybrid art gallery/tattoo shop is opening in the 12 South district, and they’re throwing a party to celebrate! From 1pm-6pm, they’ll be open for business, grilling out and having a grand ol’ time. From 6pm-9pm, two art exhibits will be opening, and after 9pm, the party continues with music and dancing.