- Merrell Crawfish Boil, LP Field, 4 pm. Ticket prices are jacked up and you’ll have to sit through some pretty awful music to get to anything decent, but tonight’s lineup includes Here Come The Mummies, Candlebox, Souljaboy, Flyleaf, and Offspring. $29.50/single-day pass, $49.50/two-day pass.
- GWAR, Exit/In, 9 pm. If giant monster costumes, buckets of fake blood, and death metal are your thing, these guys will be pulling out all of their trademark stops for us tonight. $25 in advance or at the door.
- Tour de Nash, East Bank Greenway at Titans Stadium, 8 am. This is your chance to explore the bikeways, walkways, greenways, and everyotherways that Nashville has to offer, and you’ll be doing it for a good cause. Stroll along the Family 5K, or if you’re super-hardcore, try the 27- and 50-mile Gran Tours. Registration starts at $10/ind, $15/family.
- 68th Annual Portland Stawberry Festival, Portland, TN, 10 am. Portland may be a bit of a jaunt from Nashville (about 45 minutes according to The Google, but anything that involves a strawberry baking contest and a strawberry parade has our support. FREE.
- Belmont Undergrad Commencement, Curb Event Center, 10 am. We tell you this not because we think you’ll want to go (we still love you, grads!), but to remind you to steer clear.
- Nashville Shores Opening Weekend, Nashville Shores. We’ve never been here, but now would be the time to check it out since the entire park is flooded and they’re cutting admission prices in half. $14.95/adult admission.
- Merrell Crawfish Boil, LP Field, 2:30 pm. On the agenda for Saturday: Mike’s Pawn Shop, Hoobastank, Saving Abel, Gavin Rossdale, Boys Like Girls, and 311. $29.50/single-day pass, $49.50/two-day pass.
- Tennessee Rep presents Darwin in Malibu, Johnson Theater, TPAC, 2:30 & 7:30 pm. Check out the final two performances of this crowd favorite, which the Guardian calls “[f]iercely intelligent…an exceptionally spry play with big ideas and a big heart.” Sounds good to us! Tickets start at $41.50.
- Preds Open House. 2pm-5pm at the Sommet Center, free. Free ice cream and slushies, photos with GNASH and dancers, locker room tours, inflatable bouncy things, face painting and contests? Yes, please!
Photo by crazybobbles.
- This Weekend: Merrell Crawfish Boil Moves Across The River
- The Weekendist: Summer Is Here Edition
- The Weekendist: Full-Blown Fall Fest Edition
- The Weekendist: Look At The Stars Edition
- The Weekendist: Not Quite Snowed In