- After dumping $10K into a campaign to convince MTSU students to pay more and fund a new parking garage, the students have spoken out loud and clear to the school’s administration that they’re against the referendum. [Nashville Is Talking]
- Dolly Parton is releasing a brand-spankin’-new collector’s edition of “Backwoods Barbie,” but here’s the catch: You’re only gonna find it at Cracker Barrel. Keep it classy, Dolly! [Tennessean]
- Another big update from the Titans today: They’ve signed quarterback Kerry Collins to a new contract… the terms of which we won’t know for another couple of days. [Tennessean]
- And speaking of free agency, the Washington Post isn’t quite sure their city made the right call signing Haynesworth. [Pith In The Wind]
- Headline of the day: “Man Uses Fake Money To Buy Fake Drugs, Arrested.” Not the brightest crayon in the box, eh? [WZTV]
- Runner-up: “Mule Given Hero Award, $1,000 Reward.” [WSMV]
- Did you know that if our whole city unplugged for Earth Hour, we’d save 1,600 megawatts of power? And 1.6 million pounds of coal? Find out how you can help. [Tennessean]
Photo by Here On The Road.