By the looks of the weather forecast, it’s not going to be the best weekend to be traipsing about. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with more than a few things going on indoors and far away from that massive flurry-blizzard-thing that will probably turn out to be rain anyway.
- Joan Baez @ TPAC. We’re well under 30 and even we can appreciate that Joan Baez is pretty much a legend. Tickets are still available. 8pm, $39.50-$65.
- Nashville Nightlife Awards, Mercy Lounge. Come out and rub shoulders with some of the biggest trendsetters in the Nashville nightlife scene. Awards will be doled out in over 30 categories from Beloved Bar Owner to Blogger of the Year (we would be remiss not to give a shout-out to our friends Yewknee and Out the Other, who are both up for that one). Oh, and Autovaughn is playing… reason enough to be there, right? Doors at 8pm, show at 9pm, $5.
- ‘The Biggest Loser’ Season 8 Open Casting Call, Wildhorse Saloon. This one probably speaks for itself, but in fairness, they’re also casting personal trainers. 10am-5pm, FREE.
- Rocketown 6th Year Anniversary Bash, Rocketown. Celebrating 6 years of music, skating, coffee, and giving kids a great place to hang out, Rocketown’s 6th birthday boasts more bands than we feel like counting, video gaming, dodgeball’ing, skateboarding, and a fashion show. And it’s for a great cause. 11:30am-11pm, $10.
- Scott Hamilton ‘The Great Eight’ Book Signing, Cool Springs Barnes & Noble. Olympic Gold Medal figure skater and cancer survivor Scott Hamilton will be hanging out and signing books for the afternoon. 1pm, FREE.
- Sex, Dreams, & Self Control, Bongo After Hours Theater. A probably-R-rated “fusion of music, spoken word, and stand-up comedy” by Waves on Waves‘ front man Kevin Thornton. Which is why we’re biased. 9pm, $10.
- Nashville Predators vs. Detroit Redwings, Sommet Center. If there’s one match-up that is sure to pack out the Sommet, it’s this one. Between the Preds being one point out of a playoff spot and the fact that the Nashville Zoo is going to be carting some cute animals around, this probably isn’t a game you want to miss. $26+ (but discounts are available through the Zoo), 7pm.
- Mocha Club Benefit, 3rd & Lindsley. Join local favorite Andy Davis and Erin McCarley (we caught her set at Next Big Nashville and fell in love) in a cozy late-night show to benefit the Mocha Club. 10pm, $10.
- Lightning 100’s Team Green Hike & Bonfire Picnic, Percy Warner Park. Like we said, probably not the best day for running around in the park, but the weather might surprise us after all. 4pm hike, 5:30pm cookout, FREE.
Photo by guitar town.