Things have slowed down on the Mixed Reviews By People Who Don’t Live Here front, but we can always count on having a couple on hand (we just can’t promise that they’re interesting). This week, we find that Forbes has ranked Nashville the 10th best place to retire. Not to let the retirees get all the credit, we’re also one of the better places to have a job. Nashville is ranked #22 at creating and sustaining jobs and economic growth. But wait! Let’s not toot our horn just yet, because our very own Representative Marsha Blackburn was named a runner-up in the list of the 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress. We also failed to make Forbes’ annual list of Best Cities For Singles, although our neighbors in Memphis along with some peculiarly low-key cities made the cut. We’re blaming it on the retirees. Or Marsha Blackburn.
Mixed Reviews By People Who Don’t Live Here is a collection of mostly unscientific lists, polls, rankings and offbeat opinions of our city and state by anyone qualified enough to throw them up on the internet. Please make no official judgements based on these (sometimes) humorous opinions.
- Forbes Declares Nashville 9th Most Dangerous City [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]
- Nashville Is Cheap & Fit [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]
- We Be Wired [Mixed Reviews From People Who Don't Live Here]
- At Least We’re Not Stressed [Mixed Reviews]
- We’re Unhappy, Dead And Unemployed… But At Least We Can Breathe! [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]