There aren’t many things that can drag us out of Nashvillest HQ at 9am on Saturday, but we will make the sacrifice for something that’s really worth it. Dragon Boat & River Festival, please don’t let us down. This weekend will see teams of 22 people racing the distinctive long, skinny dragon boats down the Cumberland. While it’s no flugtag, the Dragon Boat Races are bound to be fun to watch. The opening ceremonies begin at Riverfront Park at 8:30am and the first race starts at 9am, although they continue throughout the day until the 3:45pm Grand Championship Finale.
Photo by Harris Graber.
- This Weekend: Dragons, By The Dozens, In The River
- Dragon Boating: America’s Favorite Pasttime
- This Weekend: Great Nashville Duck Race
- This Weekend: Merrell Crawfish Boil Moves Across The River
- This Weekend: 7th Annual Catfish Rodeo And Water Festival