- U.S. Representative Jim Cooper is under investigation by the FBI for illegally accessing the website of the largest electric cooperative in the country. His spokesman calls the investigation “laughable,” but we think it’s safe to say that no one’s laughing about electricity these days. [Tennessean]
- The Tennessee Highway Patrol kicked off their 100 Days of Summer HEAT campaign today, and they’ll be out in full force putting in 500 overtime hours to search out folks who are speeding and drunk-driving. [WTVF]
- Mindy McCready is at it again, this time getting arrested for a probation violation. We’re not sure what it is she did this time, but she had been on probation for prescription drug fraud. [Tennessean]
- We haven’t gotten any definitive word yet, but word on the internets is that On The Rocks on Demonbreun will be closing its doors sometime in the near future. More on that as it develops.
- Titans wide receiver Brandon Jones, arrested in the airport a few weeks ago for having a gun in his bag, has been assigned an August 25th court date. [Tennessean]
Photo by Paul Nicholson.
No related posts.