Hands On Nashville is working closely with the City of Nashville and the Office of Emergency Management to ensure all of the available resources are in place to help our community in the wake of last night’s destructive tornadoes throughout Davidson and surrounding counties. We are so grateful for the outpouring of support and generosity this community has shown. Click the “Volunteer for Tornado Recovery” button below to browse tornado-related projects. We will be adding projects over the next many weeks, so please keep checking back!
Middle Tennessee Tornadoes: Where to Volunteer
Want to get out and help with the tornado recovery? There are loads of opportunities.
In the wake of destructive tornadoes, power outages, road closures and rescues throughout Davidson and surrounding counties, The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee has activated the Middle Tennessee Emergency Response Fund to support the affected communities and nonprofits helping victims address their ongoing needs.
- Tuesday morning’s tornadoes have killed at least 25 across the mid-state, with severe damage in North Nashville, Germantown, East Nashville and Donelson locally. As of this writing there are still about 19,000 people without power.
- There were two confirmed deaths in Davidson County, both in East Nashville near the Five Points area.
- The owner of Soda Parlor says his business was looted immediately following the storm.
- The President will be in the area tomorrow to survey tornado damage.
- Tuesday was also election day for the presidential preference primaries, which had a bit of drama as a court ordered polling places to remain open late to accommodate those unable to vote at their regular precincts.
- A report shows that there are more people moving from Nashville to Memphis than coming the other direction.
- TDOT has good news for commuters, saying that the I-440 construction project remains on track for a summer completion (and on budget).
- The Nashville Predators (32-26-8) are back outside the playoff picture following a third period collapse to the Edmonton Oilers (36-23-8) 8-3 Monday night at home and a 3-1 loss to the Minnesota Wild (33-26-7) on the road Tuesday. The team hosts the Dallas Stars (37-21-8) tonight at home and then head to Dallas on Saturday.