You know what makes us really happy? Spotlighting the work of the many, many talented folks who make this city awesome just by living here. In the past, we’ve featured reader-submitted photos along with our posts and we want to keep that going. Y’all are out and about with your great eyes and your fancy cameras, and your pictures give us a window into this city that we really love.
There are a couple of ways you can get your photos featured here:
- Our trusty Flickr pool. Submit your photos over there and be sure to allow image downloads if you’d like us to be able to use them. Flickr ain’t exactly the new hotness anymore, but it gets the job done and we’re checking it daily!
- Instagram. Ha ha you know what’s funny? The last time we were doing this, Instagram wasn’t really a thing yet. But the year is now
20172019 and we are all over it like the rest of the world, so hit us up over there too! Either tag @nashvillest in your photos or use the #nashvillest hashtag and we’ll see ’em. Also follow us over there because we’ve got plannns.
Also, here are some tips we published in 2010 that still apply, so let’s hop in our time machine for a minute and review:
- Location, location, location. Since we’re a Nashville-centric blog, we’re looking for pictures from in and around Nashville and Middle Tennessee. Not that we don’t love to see those beautiful vacation photos from our globetrottin’ Nashvillians, but we try to keep our own feeds focused on the sights here at home.
- We can’t use them if we can’t download them. There are lots of gorgeous photos that we’d love to share with our readers, but Flickr’s privacy settings prevent us from doing so. Though there are lots of reasons you may choose to disable downloading for your photos, this means you won’t see them featured on the site. If you’d like to see your photos on Nashvillest, please adjust your privacy settings. Feel free to add us as a contact if you’d still like to limit downloads to your contacts only.
- Don’t spam us. We understand that many of you are pros and like to display your portraits and wedding photography on Flickr. We’ve also seen a couple of folks posting ads or photos of products they have for sale. These aren’t the kind of photos we’re looking for, and out of respect for all the other folks who check Flickr pools and Instagram tags each day, we will be removing those at our discretion.
- Seriously, y’all. No nudity. We try to keep it family-friendly around here and we feel very confident that there are many, many places on the internet for those boob pictures you keep sending us. Nashvillest is not one of them.
- Have fun! Y’all are our eyes and ears. If you’re at a cool event, take some pictures and post them! If you see something funny or downright weird in your travels around Music City, snap some photos of it and post them. If you’re staring at a gorgeous sunset over the Harpeth, send us that too. We want to see what you see.
Photo by Haider Nakkash.