Picks for This Week:
- Southern Women Unite at The Cordelle – A bunch of strong ladies get ready to flex some muscle in DC and Nashville. Join ’em! The Cordelle, FREE.
- What, Exactly, Is A Canuck? – Our Preds duke it out with Canadian rivals. Bridgestone Arena, $20+.
- Marathon Music Works Goes Vegan? – Classic funk outfit Lettuce takes the stage at Marathon. What’s not to love? Marathon Music Works, $22 adv/$25 door.
- Fact: Alex Lockwood Makes Awful Things – Local abstract sculptor Alex Lockwood shows off some whimsically awful sculptures. Zeitgeist Gallery, FREE.
- Here’s One Way to Get Hit By the Pedal Tavern – Country Music Hall of Fame takes you on a deep-dive into Southern rock staple Alabama at this limited-time exhibition. Country Music Hall of Fame, $25 adults/$15 kids.
- Oh, and Bring Some Skates Too – Right across the street, Walk of Fame park is still holding steady as Downtown Nashville’s only outdoor ice skating rink until February 20th. Walk of Fame Park, $15 adults/$10 kids.
- People Won’t Shut Up About This Place, So, Check It Out. This new coal-fired pizza joint opened last month on the west side and we haven’t stopped hearing about it. Seems like a good week to give it a try!
The Loop is a weekly round-up of our favorite things to do, hear, see, and eat around town.
Photo courtesy of Zeitgeist Gallery.