- Happy Halloween! Be safe out there! 🎃
- Mayor John Cooper has halted demolition at Fairgrounds Nashville for a future MLS stadium while the city’s attorneys work through various legal filings attempting to block it.
- Tennessee State University has struggled in recent months with aging infrastructure that has left parts of the campus without power and hot water, prompting a petition to demand a partial tuition refund.
- The 100 year-old house that collapsed in East Nashville did not have any active permits on file for the renovation work occurring inside. No one was injured.
- If you are one of the few folks wondering what former mayor David Briley is up to, he’s returned to working at his former law office.
- The bear spotted in Joelton in August was again seen in Davidson County according to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. No word yet if the bear has a music deal yet. 🐻
- In things we didn’t know, Varallo’s downtown turned 112 years old this month, making it the oldest continuously operating restaurant in Tennessee.
- The Davidson County Sheriff’s Office will discontinue its agreement with ICE to house detainees, citing it as a “hyper-political […] distraction” from the priorities of the agency.
- Some residents in nearby Clarksville have been without power for the past five days after last weekend’s strong storms.
- Despite national reports to the contrary, Vanderbilt says they are not planning to hire Jeff Fisher to coach its football team and are very much committed to Derek Mason.
- The Nashville Predators (8-3-1) beat the Chicago Blackhawks (3-6-2) 3-0 Tuesday night, riding a natural hat trick by forward Nick Bonino. The Predators host the Calgary Flames (6-6-2) tonight and the New York Rangers (4-5-1) on Saturday. 🎩
- Nashville will host the qualifying event in figure skating at Bridgestone Arena for the 2022 Beijing Olympics. The city last hosted the event in 1997.
- A new extended-stay hotel is on schedule, this one slated for the area between downtown and Germantown with 204 rooms and a 2020 opening.
- The Nashville Scene doesn’t agree with WSMV’s social media strategy, if you could call it that.
- PSA: This weekend is the switch
to Daylight Saving Time to Standard Time, so enjoy that extra hour of sleep in exchange for an earlier sunset.
Photo by Don. Want to see your photo featured here?