- PSA: Sunday marks the start of the service reductions for the
Nashville MTA WeGo bus routes, so check their website and trip planning apps before you go.
- The Metro School Board has denied the application of two new charter schools that would have been located in southeast Nashville, citing funding and disagreements over how the schools would operate.
- Metro Nashville Public Schools is also looking for translators to assist with parent teacher conferences, with Spanish, Kurdish, Arabic and Somali languages among those needed. 🗣
- Vice Mayor Jim Schulman has announced committee assignments for the Metro Council, and observers say it could lead to an immediate showdown with the mayor-elect Jim Cooper’s office. The more progressive council is likely to be at odds with the fiscally conservative mayor on the city’s priorities.
- A train struck a cement truck in North Nashville, but was able to survive his injuries after being pinned in the vehcicle. Seriously, don’t try that physics experiment.
- Batter’d and Fried in East Nashville is now named Boston Commons, sticking with its New England theme but changing up the menu a bit.
- A man who urinated at the baggage claim area was arrested again hours later for throwing a rock off an overpass and hitting a car below.
- Rep. Jim Cooper (D) of Nashville is among the Democrats calling for the impeachment hearings for President Donald Trump.
- The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency says they have seen an increase in sightings of cougars and alligators (no this isn’t a college football joke) expanding into the state and remind hunters they are not to be killed. 🐊
- Nashville Public Works is no longer accepting plastic take-out containers in the recycling bin, partly because the attached food waste reduces the demand for it as a recyclable material.
- We know it’s hot out still, but we’re not so sure about that being a woman’s reasoning to walk down Charlotte Pike in the nude. 🙈
- Heidi Hall, a former Tennessean education and religion reporter died Wednesday night following a long battle with cancer. Hall was 49.
- The Nashville Predators picked up a 3-0 preseaon win over the visiting Carolina Hurricanes last night. The Preds close out the preseason against the same Hurricanes on Friday in Raleigh.
- A traffic calming project for East Nashville’s Cleveland Park neighborhood was among the eight selected by Public Works this cycle, with residents hoping drivers slow down.
- Vice President Mike Pence will be in Nashville Monday, October 7 for a private fundraiser, though no details have been announced to know exactly how bad our commutes will be that day.
Photo by Sean Davis. Want to see your photo featured here?