- PSA: Today is election day for the mayoral and council run-off races, so find your polling place!
- If you have forgotten who you might be voting for today, here is a sample ballot. The Tennessean also has a know-before-you-go article.
- Early voting totals matched that of the general election, but are well below the 2015 mayoral election.
- In the final waning hours of the mayoral election, things got even weirder with yet another mailer — this time from an at-large candidate. It all mercifully comes to an end when the polls close at 7 p.m. tonight.
- State officials are questioning the legality of Mayor David Briley’s recent executive order intended to reduce or eliminate how the city cooperates with ICE agents. The outcome could affect federal money the city receives.
- Vanderbilt University dean John
Greer Geer has been quietly helping the tobacco industry fend off various lawsuits from plaintiffs suing on behalf of sickened smokers, WPLN has found. The strategy revolves around everyone supposedly knowing the dangers of smoking. 🚬
- Nashville Scene‘s J.R. Lind has his own take on how Nashville’s seal ended up with a Native American holding a skull, and it’s a wild ride.
- A Madison area man has had trash repeatedly dumped in his yard (including a screen door, television and even a puppy) to the point where he is considering moving.
- Officer Andrew Delke’s attorneys say that a fair trial in Nashville would be “impossible” and has asked a judge to move it because the jury pool is tainted in the city against him. He has been charged for the murder of Daniel Hambrick in July 2018.
- In a separate case, the Metro Police Department has not yet released the completed final report from the Jocques Clemmons shooting a year earlier.
- Amazon founder and billionaire Jeff Bezos was at Madison Middle School Wednesday to announce plans to bring his Future Engineer program to Nashville. The program provides $10,000 to each of the 21 schools to fund teacher professional development, start robotics clubs, field trips and other expenses.
- That ankle bracelet story from our Monday News Rodeo turned out to be a “complete misunderstanding” between the company and the courts.
- A WTVF investigation has found that a metro school teacher with 15 years of experience makes less now than they did seven years ago.
- It’s been common knowledge for a while, but Nashville will soon get its second Trader Joe’s grocery store location when the new one on White Bridge Road opens.
- And finally, there is a dog festival at Centennial Park this Saturday. 🐶
Photo by Sean Davis. Want to see your photo featured here?