- The Tennessee Titans (1-1) used a second half surge to get around the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) 37-16 yesterday. The next game against the Seattle Seahawks (1-1) is at noon Sunday at Nissan Stadium.
- Vanderbilt (3-0 — not a typo) upset No. 18 Kansas State on Saturday 14-7 that will still have many Commodore fans smiling today. They open SEC play against No. 1 Alabama (3-0) at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Nashville.
- A rash of nine separate burglaries in the early morning hours of Thursday in across Nashville have police wondering if any were connected.
- A man who police say has a “chronic booking history” racked up his 539th arrest in 23 years in Nashville. We’re going to guess he’s on first-name basis with the jail staff.
- A charter school has settled a court case over sending text messages to prospective students’ parents, a violation of laws against SMS spam. Affected folks could get up to $120 per unwanted text.
- Tailgate Brewing is opening another “tasting room” location at 811 Gallatin Avenue, north of the Eastland Kroger in East Nashville. That brings them up to two satellite locations plus the Bellevue headquarters.
- Speaking of Gallatin Avenue, neighbors and council members want more crosswalks across the major thoroughfare that has long been treacherous to pedestrians.
- The Cloud
CityHill Partners project to develop the former Greer Stadium is facing more push-back from one of the proposals (a soccer complex) that did not make the cut, alleging ethics issues and other errors by the panel of judges and city officials. This all after local other local groups have also protested the approved plan on account of it having historical significance.
- A group called PATHE (People’s Alliance for Transit, Housing and Employment) marched from the Edgehill library to JC Napier Homes over the weekend to call attention to what they see as inequities in the current plan for transit in Nashville.
- And finally in too cute news, the Nashville Zoo welcomed a litter of three meerkat pups.
Photo by Derek Bruff.