- We know you’re going to want tickets to this pop-up “Mewsic Kitty Cafe”. Proceeds from the event do go to a good cause.
- Getting in and out of East Nashville is going to be a bit tougher over the summer with I-24 bridge rehabilitation projects. The first public meeting is tonight at the Nashville North Precinct.
- RTA is offering $1,000 for information leading to an arrest of whoever graffiti-ed one of their passenger trains for the Music City Star.
- Two inmates from Georgia were held at gunpoint — well, the weapon was never drawn, but it was enough to keep them there — in a man’s backyard until police arrived in Murfreesboro on Friday. The pair allegedly killed two correctional officers while being transferred.
- Downtown Nashville could have a movie theater if a proposed project to redevelop the LifeWay campus moves forward.
- East Nashville is seeing a rise in homicides, with 13 people killed in the current calendar year. That ties the total number for 2016.
- The Tennessee Distillers Guild is launching a 25-stop statewide whiskey trail. The group says it can be completed in about 10 days.
- A large natural gas line rupture in Donelson forced evacuations and road closures over the weekend.
- A GoFundMe page for ‘Toddzilla’ Austin, a fixture in the local music scene, has been created after his house burned Thursday night.
Photo by Tyler Neu.