- After dropping their first home game this playoffs on Thursday, the Predators took a 3-2 lead over the Anaheim Ducks in the Western Conference Finals on Saturday night on the road. With a win in tonight’s Game 6 (7.p.m. at Bridgestone Arena), the Predators would head to to Stanley Cup Final (!!!!).
- Speaking of the Ducks, their captain Ryan Getzlaf was fined $10,000 — the most allowed — for a homophobic slur during the game in Nashville.
- A hotel near Opryland is accused of cancelling a booking made well in advance in order to pocket more money. #ItCity, y’all.
- The mayor’s office announced a “truce” of sorts between the District Attorney’s office and MNPD, saying both were in the wrong in the handling of the Jocques Clemmons case.
USA TODAY Network – Tennessee EditionThe Tennessean has an interesting look at the history of whiskey and moonshine-making in the state.
- Two people were accidentally shot inside a gun store in East Nashville on Friday. Safety first, folks!
- In feel-good news, WKRN profiles Doug Adair, a Nashville resident who started Nashville’s first “diaper bank” for families in need.
- A thief used a flower pot to smash into a used car lot in south Nashville in order to steal a truck, then promptly wrecked it getting on to the Interstate.
- Our neighbors to the north in Sumner County experienced widespread flash flooding Friday morning, with Station Camp Creek flooding homes and the nearby school property.
- Remember Signature Tower, that Nashville skyscraper that fizzled at the onset of the Great Recession? Well, it’s smaller cousin — 505 Nashville — is nearing completion downtown as the tallest residential building in the city.
- Be sure to check your hot dogs against the “metal objects found in packaging” recall at your cookout next weekend!
Photo by Sean Davis.