- Things are looking good for Metro Nashville public school teachers to get a three percent raise next year.
- Keith Urban sang the national anthem at Tuesday night’s Predators game with wife Nicole Kidman cheering from their seats. The Australian country star had never performed the song before.
- Speaking of who wasn’t singing the anthem, Dennis K. Morgan (the regular season guy) is pretty upset about getting upstaged by folks that have more Grammy Awards and chart-topping hits than he does. Tough break.
- Oh right! The Predators won a thrilling 2-1 game against the visiting Anaheim Ducks to take a 2-1 series lead in the Western Conference Final. Check out this video of a handful of Titans players working on their new shotgun play for fans.
- The Property Assessor’s Office says that folks are not as upset about the property value increases as they had expected. The office had hosted several community meetings prior to the assessments being released.
- The war of words between Metro Nashville Police Department Chief Steve Anderson and the District Attorney’s Office has reached a new level with Anderson accusing the latter of purposefully misstating the facts in the Jocques Clemmons case. The Mayor plans to meet with both Anderson and DA Glen Funk.
- Mayor Megan Barry has asked Governor Bill Haslam to veto a bill that would require metal detectors and extra security for any facility that wishes to ban guns. If there’s one thing recent history has taught us, the mayor shouldn’t hold her breath on this one.
- Co-working space provider WeWork wants to replace the Region’s logo on top of the “R2D2 Building.” Wait, people do call it that after all?
Photo by Craig James.