- Hendersonville PE teacher Scott Wietecha won his fifth (FIFTH!?!?) straight
Country MusicRock ‘n’ Roll Marathon on Saturday. Lauren Mitchell of Madison, Alabama finished first in the women’s division.
- The NFL Draft was this weekend, with the Titans taking wide receiver Corey Davis with the fifth overall pick and cornerback Adoree’ Jackson with pick 18.
- A local television station camera crew was allegedly chased away by an axe-wielding man as they did a story on whether the man and others were squatting at an Antioch home. The news biz is dangerous!
- Hope your fang fingers aren’t getting tired anytime soon: Our Preds defeated the St. Louis Blues 3-1 Sunday afternoon to take a 2-1 series lead! The next game will be tomorrow night at a ridiculously late start time of 8:30 p.m. at Bridgestone Arena.
- Speaking of the Predators, be careful out there when buying tickets from somebody on the street corner. The team is limiting sales to their online marketplaces, so be wary of anyone promising you a way in the door.
- Fisk University will have House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi speak at their spring commencement. We’re positive you’ll be hearing about this on talk radio this week.
- A new study shows that unhealthy workers cost mid-state employers $500 million, so that must be why the office switched from doughnuts to carrot sticks in the break room, ugh.
- A Nashville man was allegedly handcuffed on his front lawn while burglars took stuff from his house. The 66 year-old victim said that money and weed were taken from a small safe in his home.
Photo by Erin Desman.