Good morning, Nashville. Here’s your roundup of today’s headlines:
- Guessing game. Weather models say we may get some snow on Sunday! Will it be less than one inch, or eight inches?! We can’t wait to find out.
- Tragic accident. Mayor Dean’s 2-year-old niece was struck and killed in a tragic accident at her family’s home yesterday. Our thoughts are with Mayor Dean and his extended family.
- Still occupying. Occupy Nashville and their tents will get to stay (legally) in Legislative Plaza for another week. The House passed legislation banning unauthorized camping on public property yesterday, but the Senate has yet to take up the bill.
- Don’t cry, etc. Insert various “spilled milk” jokes here.
- Bits & pieces. The latest Opry Mills tenants to get rebuilding permits are The Game Stop, Auntie Anne’s Pretzels and Select Comfort … Rick Santorum will head to the ‘Noog next weekend … A new honky tonk located in the old Seanachie building on Broadway is now taking applications … Dozens of homeless people have been told to vacate a large tent city in Hermitage … Tsk tsk, Belmont student caught selling “special” brownies on campus … Metro Councilman Brady Banks was arrested in an undercover prostitution sting … Ten Metro students will head to Washington, DC next week to meet the First Lady.
Photo by Southern Bella Images.
No related posts.