- The Daily Beast ranked Nashville as the soberest city in the United States, followed by Bristol, TN and Memphis, TN. We’re calling shenanigans. Have they seen Five Points at 1am? [WSMV]
- The former TSU student who was arrested in Texas for killing an Army Private first became caught up in Islamic extremism in Nashville, according to his father. [Tennessean]
- Tennessee will be getting its final statistics from the 2010 US Census next week which means that the Metro Planning Department can start redistricting Metro Council and school districts. [City Paper]
- Forbes has ranked the Frist family as the richest in Tennessee. [WSMV]
- Of course Jack White has created a traveling Third Man Records store truck so that he can educate the children of the world who have never been inside of a standalone record store. And of course that truck has turntables and a microphone and electrical outlets so that bands can play. Of course. [Post Business]
Photo by Joel Williams.