- The Metro Council will be discussing the fairgrounds tonight. According to the twitters, they’ve already had to add an overflow room and there’s a long, snaking line to get in. And the meeting doesn’t start for another hour! For all of you who are dying to know how this thing goes down, tune into Metro3 at 6:30pm. [WKRN]
- There is a guy in Davidson County who has been arrested 319 times, which is not quite as unusual as you might think! News Channel 5 was kind enough to compile at least five of his best mugshots. [WTVF]
- For some reason, someone invited former Texas gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman to read excerpts from his new book at a cigar shop in Hendersonville, because it “seemed a natural fit.” Though Kinky sort of pales in comparison to Basil Marceaux, this is still kind of weird. [Tennessean]
- Meanwhile in Maury County, someone propped two stuffed tigers up on an interstate guardrail so they appeared to be staring down oncoming traffic. Predictably, everyone driving by freaked out a bit and several folks called 911. [WSMV]
- We are very sorry, @ericnear, but we cannot offer an explanation for the jet flyovers today. We suspect they were just hunting down the hooligans who planted the aforementioned tigers in Maury County.
- The zoo wasn’t the only attraction to set an attendance record last year! Cheekwood also set a record of their own with 339,769 visiting in 2010. [Tennessean]
Photo by Grey Street Girl.
No related posts.