- Governator-to-be Bill Haslam said his goodbyes to the fine people of Knoxville today, saying that it’s the best job he ever had. We hope he likes this next gig too, as it is sort of an important one! He’s due to be sworn in on January 15th. [KnoxNews]
- Speaking of folks getting sworn in, our new delegation to the United States Congress became official today. [WPLN]
- A flock of several hundred birds dropped dead in Western Kentucky today. As the other two dead bird incidents also happened the nearby states of Arkansas and Louisiana, we can only assume that we are probably next if we aren’t first swallowed up by some gargantuan Tennessee-shaped sinkhole. [Tennessean]
- The State of Tennessee got a $7.5 million insurance payment for flood damage, which is part of the $15 million total reimbursement expected. [WSMV]
- The Tennessee school report cards are supposed to finally come out on Friday, so we should have some idea of where our schools stand with the standardized testing and No Child Left Behind. [Tennessean]
Photo by rocksox38.
No related posts.