The final days of August are slipping away quickly, but Nashville isn’t quite ready to let go of summer. Between temperatures in the low 90′s and a weekend chock-full of fun (free) events, we’re making the most of our last weekend before Labor Day.
- Shakespeare in the Park. Centennial Park, 6:30pm, $5 donations recommended (but not required). Shakespeare in the Park continues this weekend with Love’s Labor’s Lost. Arrive early to watch the pre-show entertainment at 6:30, and stick around to enjoy the annual summer Shakespeare festival in the park. Can’t make it this weekend? That’s okay, Shakespeare in the Park runs every Thursday-Sunday night until September 12.
- Music City BBQ Festival. Riverfront Park, 10am-10pm, $10. Head downtown to chow down this weekend at the Music City BBQ Festival. It’s a day full of entertainment and delicious food. What else could we ask for?
- Musician’s Corner. Centennial Park, 3-6pm, free. This week’s installment of Musician’s Corner features the WestBound Rangers, Michael Logen, Ali Rogers, Keenan Hunter, Courtney Jaye and even a surprise guest. If you haven’t been to a Musician’s Corner afternoon yet, the beautiful weather this weekend makes it the perfect way to spend your Saturday.
- 12 South Concert featuring Tommy Hans with Tristen & The Incredible Heat Machine. Sevier Park, 6pm, free. Nothing says “Nashville summer” like free concerts in the park! The 12 South community’s fantastic 12 South Concert Series continues this week with Tommy Hans, Tristen & The Incredible Heat Machine. Too lazy to pack a picnic? Call ahead to reserve your $8 boxed dinner from one of these 12 South restaurants, and pick it up before the concert!
- Tennessee State Fairgrounds Flea Market. 7am-6pm, free ($4 parking). It’s flea market weekend at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds! Show up early to dig through forgotten treasures, or make a leisurely afternoon out of it. If you can’t make it on Saturday, the flea market will be open from 7am-4pm Sunday before packing it in until the end of September.
- Big Band Dance. Centennial Park, 7-10pm, free. The last weekend of the summer’s Big Band Dances at Centennial is upon us. Wrap up the summer of dancing in style with The Moonlighters. You know the drill by now – Learn the cha cha from 7-7:30pm or 8:30-8:50pm, then kick up your heels for the rest of the night.
- Nashville Sounds vs. New Orleans Zephyrs. Greer Stadium, 6:35pm, regular ticket prices apply. You’ve got one more chance to see the Sounds this season, when they take on the New Orleans Zephyrs for the last of a 5-game series and the final home game of the season.
- Nashville Predators Zoo Day. Nashville Zoo, 1-5pm, regular admission prices apply (BOGO coupon here). As we mentioned earlier this week, Sunday is the Nashville Predators Zoo Day. The zoo plus hockey equals lots of inflatable bouncy things, prizes, screaming children, wild animals and autograph-signing hockey players. Sounds like a blast!
Photo by izik.
- The Weekendist: Memorializing Edition
- The Weekendist: All Circuits Bent Edition
- The Weekendist: Party In The USA Edition
- The Weekendist: Dog Days Edition
- The Weekendist: You-Know-What-Pocalypse Edition