- Preds top-scoring forward Patrick Hornqvist was signed to a brand new 3-year contract today and the hockey fans among us couldn’t be happier. [Tennesseans]
- Along with all the road closures beginning to pop up around the Music City Center construction site, 5th Ave. will be closed between Demonbreun and Franklin forever (forever = 2 to 3 months). [WSMV]
- That Energy Star rebate program we mentioned this morning has been a little backed up today on its toll-free number, so if you aren’t able to get through, just fill out the application online. [Tennessean]
- Mayor Dean announced today that Omni will be building the $250 million hotel to accompany the convention center, which will be paid for in cash. Once the deal is finalized, Metro is agreeing to give them a cut of the tax revenues generated by the facility for the next 20 years. [Tennessean]
- Tennessee has hopped on board a 17-state effort to get Craigslist to remove their Adult Services section. [Tennessean]
- Finally the District 21 Senate primary nightmare is over and incumbent Douglas Henry came out on top, by 17 votes according to today’s recount. We still hope to see Jeff Yarbro challenge Sen. Henry to a foot race, however. [Tennessean]
Photo by Thomasaka.