- The Sommet Group–the very company who put the “Sommet” in the Nashville Gaylord Sommet Bridgestone Entertainment Center Arena–was raided by the FBI and the IRS today out at their Cool Springs office. Apparently they made quite the scene. [WTVF]
- For those playing along at home, Tennessee has issued exactly 19 texting-while-driving citations for the entire year the law has been in effect. [Tennessean]
- Nashville will soon be getting some solar car-charging stations for all those folks with fancy cars that plug into the wall or whatever. [WSMV]
- We can all rest easy tonight, for News Channel 5 is conducting a thorough investigation about suspicious teeth whitening. [WTVF]
- Our July 4th DUI numbers were down a bit this year, but we suppose that number does not include the boat DUIs, of which there were 28. [WPLN]
- Oprah’s dad is planning a mixed-use development right smack in the middle of Cleveland Park in East Nashville, where his historic barbershop stood until a few months ago. He’ll be reopening the shop as the retail anchor, so we sure as heck hope he’s installing a fancy fish tank and maybe also some sort of giant Oprah tribute. [WSMV]
- Some of you Brentwood folks were without power this morning, and we still don’t know why. We suspect it had to do with a bird getting a little friendly with a transformer, though. [WKRN]
Photo by urbanwoodchuck.
No related posts.