Good morning, Nashville. How about this weather? We often gripe and moan about melting and such, so we figure that it’s only appropriate to acknowledge the beautiful weather Mother Nature has bestowed on us this week. It even – dare we say – got a little chilly at Movies in the Park last night! Fun fact: The last time we went more than four days without rain was in April, and it’s looking pretty dry until next Wednesday. Time to put those rain barrels to good use!
- Oops. One of our shiny new public-art-meets-bike-rack installations has a teeny tiny problem: It doesn’t fit many standard bike locks, including heavy-duty cable locks and U-locks. On the bright side, it looks nice!
- Sad irony. File this under Things That Make Us Sad: After making it through the flood unscathed, a leaky pipe flooded Gruhn Guitars yesterday, damaging $100,000 worth of instruments, including some irreplaceable vintage pieces. Get better soon, Gruhn.
- Bits & pieces. Practice safe fireworks this weekend … First bedbugs, now brown recluse spiders, what’s next? … The crime rate in Tennessee elementary and secondary schools has dropped, but violent crime rates are on the rise … The US Senate (finally) extended the National Flood Insurance Program through September 30.
Photo by Kittywinks Peeks.
- Bright & Early: A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood Edition
- Bright & Early: Neighborhood Cleanup Edition
- Bright & Early: Oh, What A Beautiful Morning Edition