- Today’s nasty storms are heading out, but not before a Maury County man and a home in Mt. Juliet were struck by lightning. [WSMV]
- Your favorite Opry Mills outlet stores might just pop up in Lebanon’s Prime Outlets. Banana Republic and Ecko Unlimited have already made the move and will open this week, and The Vitamin Company and Guess are also moving, along with at least two other TBA stores. [WSMV]
- Though the flood brought our Nashvillest HQ a very unwelcome roach infestation, we’re just glad it didn’t bring in snakes. [WKRN]
- The unemployment rate in Tennessee dropped a whole 0.1% in the month of May. Slowly but surely! [Tennessean]
- Kroger presented the Red Cross and Second Harvest Food Bank with flood relief checks totaling $125,000 today. [WTVF]
- We might be seeing more “inflatable stick people” on our streets soon. As long as they’re under 20 feet tall. [City Paper]
Photo by Peter Kaminsky.