- Folks downtown may experience power outages Thursday and Friday due to some Music City Center construction (what else?). Good news is, they should only happen between 6-7 am. [WTVF]
- Brentwood-ian Blake Geoffrion became the first Tennessean ever to be drafted into the NHL. Apparently he is the grandson of some other famous hockey player, so it’s basically in his blood. The Preds signed him to an entry-level deal today. [WSMV]
- Check out this adorable animal rescue that happened out in the Herm; firefighters spent three hours trying to pry a 2-day old calf out of a 12-foot sinkhole while its mother watched the whole thing. [WSMV]
- Like any other self-respecting pro athlete, Chris Johnson has taken to the Twitters to vent his frustration with the Titans franchise. [Tennessean]
- If you frequent any of the community centers around town, there may be some fee hikes and membership changes in your future. Hey, the Parks & Rec Department has to keep the lights on somehow. [Tennessean]
Photo by Savvy Splendor.