Good morning, Nashville. Even your Nashvillest oversleeps sometimes, so here’s a very abbreviated edition of Bright & Early:
- Vince Young was picked up on an assault citation at a Dallas strip club after allegedly pummeling an employee for disresepecting the Texas Longhorns. Why, VY™, why? [WTVF]
- Some cities give their guests flyers to remind them to lock their cars and “park smart.” Our city issues custom guitar picks. [City Paper]
- Around 450 folks had to be treated for heat exhaustion during CMApocalypse, and 20 of them were actually rushed to the hospital. Could someone please cut the A/C on outside? [WTVF]
- The heat sadly resulted in a fatality at Bonnaroo; officials say that the 29 year-old’s body temperature was 108 degrees at the time of death. [WKRN]
- Taylor Swift stretched out her meet & greet to 14.5 hours and met with over 2,000 fans during that time. More than 10,000 folks shuffled through the Bridgestone Arena to catch her free concert at 2:30. [Tennessean]
- Legendary country singer and purveyor-of-sausage Jimmy Dean passed away over the weekend at the age of 81. He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame earlier this year. [City Paper]
Photo by niseag03.
No related posts.