- It was a record year for CMApocalypse with all four LP Field concerts selling out for the first time ever and attendance up 16.7%. The numbers aren’t quite in yet, but the CMA estimates that it may have grossed more than ever. And since 100% of the proceeds are going to good causes, we like the sound of that. [WKRN]
- Speaking of floods, our hearts go out to the folks in Arkansas and Oklahoma who are dealing with some awful flash flooding much like what we saw last month. And much like us, their story is getting bumped by the oil spill coverage. You can help ‘em out by texting “REDCROSS” to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross’ disaster relief fund. [Red Cross & CNN]
- A 33-year old security guard who was found dead at the CMA Festival is said to have died from natural causes. [WKRN]
- Vince Young faced the press today and admitted that he “made a mistake” when he beat a guy up at a Dallas strip club this weekend. We’d say! [WKRN]
- And continuing the streak of bad Titans news, the team suspended linebacker Gerald McRath for using performance-enhancing drugs. [WKRN]
- The KKK rallied in Estill Springs yesterday (somewhere between here and the ‘Noog) and decided to make some noble demands like shutting down meth labs and publicizing the sex offender registry. Now if only they could kick that whole racism/hate/bigotry thing. [WSMV]
Photo by pr9000.
No related posts.