Good morning, Nashville. Despite the fact that we’ve all been navigating around the convention center construction and road closures for several weeks, the “groundbreaking” ceremony is scheduled for Monday. During that time, the Mayor and other city leaders will do that thing where they put on hard hats and pretend to dig important holes while people take pictures. Should be a party.
- No jobs for you. After yesterday’s news that our February unemployment rate was 10.7% (this is the third straight month), we’re disappointed to hear that the new $38 billion federal jobs package won’t really make much of a difference in Tennessee.
- Pekka! Preds goalie Pekka Rinne is on fire this season, racking up his 12th shutout in last night’s 5-0 win over the Minnesota Wild. Rinne is only the second Nashville goalie to do this.
- Bits & pieces. Williamson County was named the most conservative-friendly county in America by some political publication … A chunk of I-440 west will be closed this weekend … 600 Tennessee National Guardsmen are headed home from Iraq this weekend … At least a few of the big TennCare cuts will now be postponed for a year.
Photo by ept_0202.
- Bright & Early: Lock It Up Edition
- Happy Hour: We Demand Spring, Immediately
- Bright & Early: Disaster Tourism Edition
- Bright & (Not So) Early: We Are Out Of Titles Today Edition
- Bright & Early: Nashville Lovin’ Edition